FRFCU’s Scholarship Program
The Financial Resources Foundation Scholarship is a monetary award to be paid jointly to the winning student(s) and the student’s chosen accredited educational institution.
The Foundation will award up to three $1,000 Scholarships:
- Lena Matthews Annual Scholarship to honor community service and dedication
- General Member Scholarship
- Champion Family Scholarship
The applicant, parent(s) or guardian must be a member in good standing with Financial Resources Federal Credit Union and the applicant must be enrolled as a high school senior at the time the application is submitted. The Scholarship funds must be used for tuition or textbooks and only at an accredited educational institution (2- or 4-year college, university or technical school).
The scholarship contest is not open to associates or directors of Financial Resources or their immediate family members (parents, spouses, siblings and/or children).
Applicants must complete the entire scholarship application. A student may submit only one application.
The signed application must be submitted with the following:
- An official high school transcript. Transcript must be NON-WEIGHTED on a 4.0 scale.
- An SAT/ACT transcript provided through the student’s school guidance office. Students who are not required to take either the SAT or ACT do not need to provide any test paperwork and the absence of their scores will not count against them in the scholarship consideration process.
- The completed Teacher Reference portion of the application. It must be completed by one of the applicant’s teachers and returned in a sealed, signed envelope.
The Judging Process
Judging will be based on academic performance, community service/involvement, teacher reference, and personal goals.
Our proud 2021 Scholarship Recipients are:
Layanga Dona- Champion Family Scholarship
Julia Labita- General Scholarship
Cameron Coyle- Lena Matthews Scholarship